How to take the NCLEX in Wisconsin
Milwaukee, Appleton, Madison, Waukesha, Green Bay, Oshkosh, Kenosha, Eau Claire, Racine, West Allis and more...
1) Register with the Wisconsin Board of Nursing:
Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing
Contact: Dan Williams, Bureau Director – Division of Board Service
P.O. Box 8935
Madison, WI 53708
1400 E. Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703
2) Register to take the NCLEX test with Pearson Vue. Registration can be done by telephone, on the web, or by snail mail.
3) Pearson Vue will send you a confirmation of registration.
4) The Wisconsin Nursing Board that you applied to will send you confirmation of your eligibility to take the test (this must be done within 365 days from your original registration)
5) Pearson Vue will send you an Authorization To Test (ATT). The exam must be taken in appx. ninety days, depending on the state.
6) Once you get an ATT, you schedule your exam. You can find a testing center near you, plus a convenient time by visiting Pearson Vue. You schedule your exam either by phone or on the web.
7) Pearson Vue will then send you a confirmation that your NCLEX test has been scheduled.